Empowering Online Communities
Wisetail | 5 min read
Our team specializes in providing online solutions that strengthen client communities. Our overarching goal is to give every member of these communities a voice and ensure they receive the necessary support, regardless of the challenges thrown their way.
To address the need for support and training solutions, our team created Ontrack, a powerful operational checklist solution. Ontrack effectively supports continuous learning strategies and brings together learning and operations under one platform, enabling organizations to achieve new organizational flows.
Toni Nigrelli-LaFleur, our Product Marketing Manager, shared key insights from a Wisetail commissioned OnePoll survey. This survey was conducted to better understand the daily experiences of workers while on the clock, and see how learning impacts their tasks. We gathered responses from both full-time and part-time employees, ranging from staff and team leads to shift assistant managers and general managers.
Here are some of our key findings:
- 68% of frontline workers described their jobs as stressful, directly affecting their work quality.
- Frontline workers are responsible for an average of 11-23 tasks per shift, with morning shifts having the highest task load.
- 76% of respondents claimed that forgetting a single task could disrupt their entire day.
- Over half of the respondents admitted to missing a step, leading to dangerous situations in the workplace, including broken equipment, injuries, or customer complaints.
- On average, workers need to perform a task three times before remembering how to do it correctly.
- 75% of respondents agreed that training is crucial to perform their job effectively. However, most of the training occurs within the first week of being hired and does not account for added responsibilities.
- Only 61% of respondents received training specifically for their current job.
Following these survey findings, our Product Manager, Kyle Reichelt demonstrated how Wisetail supports workers in their daily operations to mitigate risks. He focused on our learning and operations platform, specifically highlighting Ontrack. Kyle explained, “Upon accessing Ontrack, I immediately gain clarity on what tasks my team and I need to do, who will be responsible for them, deadlines, and the progress made so far.”
He emphasized that the platform was developed with a mobile-first approach, and enables employees to complete checklists on mobile devices and receive push notifications. Providing clear instructions and removing guesswork boosts employee confidence, which improves retention, morale, and allows more time for customer service. It also helps when employees are absent, as it ensures that important tasks are still covered.
Ontrack is able to simplify employee learning experiences, all while supporting continuous learning strategies. By addressing the pain points highlighted in the survey findings, Wisetailers are actively working towards creating an environment where employees receive the necessary support, training, and resources they need to thrive in their roles.
If you want to learn more about how Wisetail’s learning and operational solutions can simplify employee learning experiences, check out our Product Demo: A Modern Approach to Learning in the Flow of Work.